Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Mike Wallace Interview


This past weekend I had the opportunity to talk to the Steelers new rookie receiver Mike Wallace. The Steelers took Wallace in the 3rd round with the 84th pick. If you read my pre draft receiver rankings, you may remember that I had Wallace at number eight on the list. Along with being one of the fastest receivers in his draft class with a 4.33 forty yard dash, Wallace is also the first player interview on my blog. I would again like to thank Mike for taking the time out of his busy schedule and I wish him the best in his NFL career.

Fbkid: What was the whole draft process like for you?
Mike Wallace: It was nerve racking but it was a really good experience
FB: What was it like to be called on draft day?
MW: It was the best feeling in the world just to know that all of the hard work paid off.
FB: What is it like being reunited with your childhood friend Keenan Lewis?
MW: It’s good since it makes the transition easier knowing that you will go through the experience with somebody you know.
FB: What do you think you can bring to the Steelers?
MW: Competiveness, speed, whatever Coach Tomlin needs me to bring.
FB: What do you feel is your greatest strength as a player and what do you need to work on?
MW: My greatest strength is my speed but I need to work on my whole game as I can always get better.
FB: What current wide receiver do you think you compare most favorably to?
MW: DeSean Jackson but I’m a little bigger.
FB: What is your greatest football moment to date?
MW: Beating Florida in the Swamp.
FB: When did you realize you had a future in football beyond college?
MW: I always felt that if I stayed focused that I could make it since all of my coaches were really confident in me.
FB: Who was your favorite pro team growing up?
MW: The 49ers I really liked watching Jerry Rice, John Taylor and T.O.
Question: What player are you most looking forward to go against?
MW: Champ Bailey
FB: Who is the best player you played against in your college career?
MW: Percy Harvin.
FB: What do you want to do when your career is over?
MW: I want to own businesses and provide for my family.

No comments: